(1) New students are given admission only in Fazilat Course (8 years), Hifz, Tajweed and Deeniyat. Having promoted the old students in the next classes, the available seats are allotted to the new students on merit basis after admission test. All other courses (detail is mentioned below) are only for old students.
(2) The Majlis Talimi (Academic council) has decided to distribute the Application Forms from 3 to 8 Shawwal. The forms are distributed in the morning and submitted in the evening after Zuhr Salah.
Admission Test starts from 9 Shawwal. The new students coming for admission should bear in mind that Application Forms will be available only up to 8 Shawwal in the office of Taleemat, and no form shall be distributed or submitted afterward. The Admission Test will begin from 9 Shawwal, in-sha-Allah.
Note: The candidates have to produce the phone and mobile numbers of their madrasa’s Mohtamim or Sadar Mudarris so that their certificates can be verified.
(3) The students of Diniyaat (Farsi 5th) at Darul Uloom shall not be liable to appear at the Admission Test for 1st Year Arabic, but they will have to secure at least 55% marks in the 5th class.
(4) All the students of Arabic classes must be well-versed in Recitation of 30th Part of the Quran with the articulation rules. They will also have to take the test of it.
Students wishing to get admission in Seventh Year Arabic must learn reciting the Holy Quran with correct articulation.
Students wishing to get admission in Dawrah should have to memorize 30th Part of the Quran with correct articulation. They will be eligible to receive Admission Form only after passing this test. It should be noted that this examination will not substitute to Tajwid necessary for obtaining the certificate.
If any candidate has the certificate of his previous education he should attach it with the Admission Form.
(5) Students who keep minor children with them may face expulsion.
(6) Candidates not having proper appearance like having improper haircut, trimming beard, letting trouser below ankle or doing anything against the traditions of Darul Uloom Deoband, would neither be given permission to sit in the exam hall nor will any consideration be given. Any student found guilty of cutting beard will be liable to be expelled.
(7) Candidates coming from border areas like West Bengal, Assam, Tripura, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Mizoram etc shall have to submit nationality proof which may be attested photocopy of nationality proof certified by Judicial Magistrate, ration card, electoral identity card or Indian passport. Candidates are required to take original copy with them which they can produce when demanded. No respite shall be given in this regard.
The students from Kerala will have to submit the testimonies of these Ulama: (1) Maulana Hussain Mazahiri & (2) Maulana Abdus Shakoor Qasmi, Darul Uloom Najakanal, Ochira, Kerala 690526 and (3) Maulana Abdul Karim Qasmi, Jamia Kawsaria, Edathala, Aluva, Kerala). They have to attach photocopy of the testimony with Application Form and submit the original one with the Admission Form.
Also, every student must have Guarantee Letter from his guardian and submit it with the Admission Form.
(8) New students will have to submit their birth certificate which should be issued by municipal corporation board of town area or gram panchayat. The birth date should be written very carefully as it may not be changed later on. It should also be noted that Faraghat (graduation) is not accepted below 18 years. Students should write their names, father’s name and address with utmost care as this may not be modified or changed in future.
(9) The candidates will have to produce character and educational certificates of their previous Madrasa and no respite shall be considered.
(10) Neither Sama’at (proof of attending the class without admission) shall be allowed in Darul Uloom nor Sama’at and personal testimonies shall be entertained.
The address mentioned in the Admission Form shall be final and no change will be allowed later. Therefore, students should write their names, father’s name and address with utmost care as they may not be modified or changed in future. Students found guilty of entering wrong information shall be liable to receive strictest action.
Admission Rules for Foreign Students
Courses Offered by Darul Uloom Deoband
(1) Fazilat Course
This course spans up to 8 years starting from First Year Arabic to Dawrah. The new students can be given admission at any stage of it after as per the prescribed rules.
(2) Diniyaat (5 year primary course having Urdu, Persian, Hindi, English, Math etc on its syllabus)
(3) Hifz-e Quran (only for students having local guardian)
(4) Tajweed, Hafs Urdu, Hafs Arabic (only for students having local guardian)
(5) Qirat Sab'ah & Asharah (only for students having local guardian)
The below courses are only for old students who complete Dawrah from Darul Uloom Deoband.
(6) Takmil Tafseer (Special Course in Quranic Exegesis)
(7) Takhassus fil Hadith (Specialization in Hadith) (Duration: 2 years)
(8) Takmil Ifta (Special Course in Islamic Jurisprudence - Fiqh)
(9) Tadreeb fil Ifta (Specialization in Fiqh) (Duration: 2 years)
(10) Takmil Uloom (Special Course in Islamic Sciences)
(11) Takmil Adab (Special Course in Arabic Literature)
(12) Takhassus fil Adab (Specialization in Arabic Literature)
(13) Advanced Diploma in English Language & Literature (Duration: 2 years)
(14) Diploma in Journalism
(15) Diploma in Computer Application
(16) Tahaffuz-e-Khatm-e Nabuwwat Course
(17) Tahaffuz-e-Sunnat Course
(18) Radd-e-Isaiyat (Comparative Study of Christianity & Islam) Course
(19) Khushkhati (Calligraphy) Course
(20) Darus Sana'ie (Handicraft) Course
For other details of the Admission Test and Syllabus books, please download the Urdu version of the
‘Rules of Admission’
Faculty of Education (Ta’leemat)
Darul Uloom Deoband, India